From the cab of a truck I get to see a lot of things. One that nearly always makes me smile is the sight of a dog riding in a car. I find typically that they are in one of three states; sleeping like a log, bouncing around the inside, or head stuck out the window.
It struck me today that I could learn a lot about trust and faith in the Master from dogs!
- When the master says jump in they rarely quibble about it, they’re in!
- They have no clue where they are going, they just trust the master to be with them.
- They have no idea of any danger around them, after all, the master will keep them safe.
So too, my response when I’m in unfamiliar circumstances must be:
- Trust the Master and rest.
- Fully enjoy everybody that’s riding with me.
- Immerse myself in the experience.
- Don’t worry about where He is taking me, He knows.
The LORD bless you, and keep you; The LORD make His face shine on you, And be gracious to you; The LORD lift up His countenance on you, And give you peace.’ Numbers 6:24-26 (NASB77)