Performance Skill Standard:
Conditions of Performance:
- Given a multi-speed, dual range Eaton Autoshift transmission and any number of driving conditions (traffic, terrain, speed, and highway conditions)…
Statement of Work to be performed:
- … The driver will execute proper up and down shifting technique.
- Match shifting to engine needs and safe operations for road conditions. Shift smoothly to protect equipment. (Use controls to properly operate transmission under all conditions.)
- Shift to maximize fuel efficiency.
Performance Elements and Assessment Criteria:
- Shift up and down through all gears of multi-speed, dual range transmissions. (Use manual control).
- Double clutch and time shift for smooth and fuel-efficient performance.
- Select proper gear for speed, terrain, turns, and highway conditions. (Select manual control as needed).
- Avoid riding the clutch.
- Demonstrate progressive shifting technique.
- Demonstrate and explain skip shifting.
- Demonstrate proper gear recovery.
- Demonstrate how to stop in any gear.
<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: