Performance Skill Standard:
Conditions of Performance:
- Given a typical tractor-trailer, a load, a route or direction to right turn, back, and a place to park the rig…
Statement of Work to be performed:
- …The driver will right turn, back and dock the tractor-trailer.
- Back trailer on performance test to acceptable criteria on range and street with at least three 100′ backs to within 6″ of dock.
- Back and park in restricted area within appropriate tolerance.
- Back in straight and curved lines within appropriate tolerances.
- Park at alley docks, in jackknife and parallel positions.
- Right turn within 6 inches of Corner or Marker.
Performance Elements and Assessment Criteria:
- Get out and check dock area for obstructions, position, and paths.
- Judge path and clearances of trailer.
- Activate warning flashers prior to moving into reverse gear. Tap horn periodically if tractor does not have a back-up alarm. (Keep window open and radio off.)
- Position vehicle correctly before beginning a backing/docking maneuver.
- Use appropriate spotter with clear signals, as necessary.
- Execute reverse steering of an articulated vehicle.
- Back slowly (using idle speed) in straight and curved lines.
- Perform serpentine backing slowly and using idle speed.
- Back into restricted space.
- Constantly check when backing -look in mirrors; watch for things that could tilt trailer; watch for overhead obstructions; watch behind tractor tires.
- Pull up and start over when necessary.
- Park trailer in jackknife and parallel positions.
- Parallel park rig.
- Right Turn maneuver requires that you come as close as possible to the marker or comer without hitting.
<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: