Performance Skill Standard:
Conditions of Performance:
- Given verbal or written instructions about where and when to leave a trailer, and a trailer of any size attached to a tractor…
Statement of Work to be performed:
- … The driver will demonstrate safe uncoupling of typical tractor-trailer units.
- Driver must uncouple tractor-trailer units within 5-7 minutes in accordance with approved procedures.
- Complete uncoupling in accord with safety requirements and approved practices.
- Secure trailer from movement.
- Follow correct sequence for disconnecting electric lines and air hoses.
Performance Elements and Assessment Criteria:
- Spot trailer on surface capable of supporting weight and secure vehicle against movement.
- Set in-cab air brake controls and trailer brakes.
- Lower gear to raise trailer to correct height and check support.
- Uncouple trailer (disconnect dolly if applicable).
- Disconnect and secure air and electrical units prior to uncoupling.
- Pull tractor partially clear of trailer.
- Secure tractor, check trailer supports and brakes/chocks.
- Pull tractor completely clear of trailer.
<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: