Performance Skill Standard:
Conditions of Performance:
- Given a typical tractor-trailer rig and either a description of problem symptoms or actual symptoms of poor performance…
Statement of Work to be Performed:
- …The driver will troubleshoot symptoms, identify vehicle malfunctions, and report problem.
- Identify symptom and vehicle systems and match symptom to likely problem.
- Troubleshoot/identify problem, and/or identify if a problem exists.
- Report problem accurately and according to guidelines.
- Fix problems within jurisdiction of driver, as described by company policy and regulation.
Performance Elements and Assessment Criteria:
- Check each component and vehicle system. Identify vehicle systems or components that are functioning properly, are in imminent danger of failing, or functioning improperly.
- Identify and interpret symptoms of malfunction.
- Match symptom to possible list of problems.
- Describe symptoms of improper operation completely and accurately to maintenance personnel.
- Correct problems within jurisdiction.
- Avoid attempting to perform maintenance for which driver is unqualified.
- Properly report breakdowns occurring en route.
- Properly complete a Daily Vehicle Inspection Report (DVIR).