Performance Skill Standard:
Conditions of Performance:
- Given typical trailer, a typical load, and a bill of lading or cargo list…
Statement of Work to be performed:
- …The driver will perform all cargo handling safely and documentation procedures accurately.
- Verify nature, amount, and condition of cargo on both pick-up and delivery.
- Verify load is distributed and tied down correctly to meet legal and safety requirements.
- Verify information on bill of lading and properly record and report discrepancies and damage to the cargo.
- Obtain appropriate signatures on delivery receipts and other required forms.
- Properly prepare a manifest.
- Move heavy loads safely, as verified by a performance test.
- Obtain hazardous materials endorsement prior to carrying hazardous materials.
Performance Elements and Assessment Criteria:
- Prepare manifest, as required.
- Verify cargo types, nature, amount, and condition on pick-up and delivery.
- Verify seals, if used.
- Cover cargo, as necessary.
- Obtain appropriate signatures.
- Verify information on bill of lading and properly record/report discrepancies and damage.
- Verify that load distribution on trailer fits within regulations.
- Verify that placards match load and meet r3egulations; correct placards, as necessary.
- Safely operate common types of cargo handling equipment.
- Select proper sixes of chain, cable, nylon webbing, steel strapping, or rope.
- Secure load with chains, cables, webbing, or strapping and correctly use the binding system.
- Block and brace cargo properly.
- Stop to inspect cargo, according to regulations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of proper lifting techniques required to safely load and unload cargo.
<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: