Performance Skill Standard:
Conditions of Performance:
- Given an accident on the road…
Statement of Work to be performed:
- …The driver will follow safe and legal procedures at an accident scene, and properly report accidents
- Understand and explain proper accident procedures. Among the topics to include are:
- Getting assistance.
- Guarding the scene of an accident to prevent further injury or damage.
- Obtain all information needed for accident reports to law enforcement, the employer, and the insurance company.
- Rendering assistance to any injured parties, including providing first aid, provided he/she has had Proper training.
- Extinguish fires which include cargo, engine, electrical, and tire fires.
- Discussing liability only with law enforcement, the company, or their representative.
Performance Elements and Assessment Criteria:
- Stop and park truck in safe location.
- Notify police; call for assistance; place warning devices.
- Apply first aid and CPR procedures as necessary especially in relation to shock, resuscitation, and stopping bleeding
- Protect injured persons from other except from trained emergency personnel. 5. Choose and operate fire extinguishers correctly.
- Protect self from blood-borne pathogens.
- Direct traffic, as necessary.
- Obtain information for accident reporting, including photographs.
- Discuss accident details only with appropriate officials.
- Make sure any truck cargo that is spilled is cleaned up. Arrange for cleanup as necessary. If hazardous materials are involved, call appropriate authorities.
- Stay at scene until law enforcement and company say it is okay to leave.
- Follow company policy and procedure on issues involving accidents.
<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: