Performance Skill Standard:
Conditions of Performance:
- Given a proposed trip order, load, and resources…
Statement of Work to be performed:
- …The driver will lay out and plan the trip.
- Correctly identify necessary/required permits.
- Estimate time of arrival to within 30 minutes.
- Identify fuel stops and use of fuel router.
- Calculate and budget money correctly to within $10.00.
- Choose most effective route for time, budget, load, and conditions.
Performance Elements and Assessment Criteria:
- Plans a route from one point to another that is optimal in terms of travel time; fuel costs; potential hazards; and federal, State, and local travel restrictions.
- Arrange to secure permits required by the nature of the vehicle; it’s cargo, and route to be traveled.
- Arrange a secure place for vehicle on layovers, especially when transporting hazardous materials.
- Use math to calculate miles, fuel use, and expenses.
- Interpret maps.
- Estimates travel time and plan rest stops and layovers to ensure adequate rest.
- Estimate fuel consumption and plan fuel stops.
- Estimates needed expense money and obtain funds and/or company credit cards.
- Accurately document expenses according to policy and regulation.