Performance Skill Standard:
Conditions of Performance:
- Given a trip order, a truck, and a route…
Statement of Work to be Performed:
- …The driver will communicate effectively with all those around him / her.
- Convey clear intentions so message receiver knows intention.
- Receive and send clear messages from / to dispatcher with on-board devices.
- Present a good public image.
Performance Elements and Assessment Criteria:
- Signal intentions such as lane changes, hazards, and backing up.
- Use horn, headlights, and other lights appropriately.
- Establish and use eye contact with drivers and pedestrians as a warning.
- Avoid making decisions only on basis of another’s signal.
- Interact tactfully with customers and general public, family, and company.
- Use effective and appropriate conversation with customers, company personnel, and family.
- Use on-board communication devices. To extent possible, operate devices when vehicle is not moving.
- Ask effective, clarifying questions.
- Avoid directing traffic while operating vehicle.